Are you into online dating? Have you found someone that’s of interest to you? is that person also interested in you too? If yes! Then that’s a good place to start, it only means that you’ve matched, and if all things remain equal, all you need now is to get to know each other, and that cannot be achieved by just staring at each other, you need a reason to be together, what another way to do that than to have a great conversation starter.
Relationships grow from unforgettable conversations.
Studies show that conversation is really important across the board, the study shows that a good conversation is way important than any sexual attraction for igniting chemistry on any date. So, imagine spending hours in front of your make up mirror only to find out on the date that it was all for nothing, yep, all will be for nothing if both of you can’t keep up an interesting conversation or have a great dinner discussion.
If you really want to fall in love, one of your biggest chance would be a real conversation. At least 50% of daters believe that they can start falling in love during that first phase of conversation. And even though we are talking about online dating conversation starters, it does make the same impression if you don’t know where to start from, the conversation generally is so important that if you want to make a great impression on anybody on an online dating platform, you will need to sharpen your conversational skills.
Before we go into the examples, let’s talk about how you can come up with your own conversation starters. And if you are an introvert (like me), you have nothing to worry about, this tips and examples will help you out when you feel like you are stocked and don’t know what to do.
Something that you both shares of you’ve experienced in the past
You don’t have to know someone online before getting to know what they have in common with you, one of the easiest ways to find out what you both share in common is first going through their profile and about us page. From there, you will find out what they love talking about, their hobby, do they love to travel? Sing? Or go to the museum. If he/she loves traveling, you can ask for their favorite destination and why it is.
Tell a joke or anything funny (but not provocative)
Another way to catch their attention is to tell a joke, or a funny story, you can avoid rude or provocative jokes, this would be a total turn off. The reason why this is on the list is that some people love conversations starting on a lighter note.
Conversation starters are a pathway to helping you get to know more about the other person, and its ok to have problems with knowing what to say and when to start, we’ve all had that brain freeze at some point in our lives, we still do by the way. That’s why we came up with these amazing conversation starters, it should help you get to know that person better and then you can decide if you want to get to know that person before finally deciding if you’d love to meet up with the person or not. So, here they are.
Conversation Starters Samples
- Hi, how is your weekend going?
- Hello, hope your week is going well?
- Hi, what have you been up to lately?
- I just wanted to say hi to you. Hi!
- What’s up with you?
- How are you doing?
- What’s that thing you could talk about for hours?
- Are you a sarcastic person?
- Do you love Tattoos?
- What’s your favorite movie genre?
- If you could choose a superpower, what would it be?
- What’s the saying you love to live by all the time?
- I love hearing good stories, do you have a good one to tell?
- What’s that nerdiest thing you’d love to admit?
- What are you most likely to stay up all night discussing?
- Just stopping by to say help. Hello to you!
- I just saw your profile and had to say hi.
- Hello, what are you up to right now?
- I hope your day is going as planned?
- What actor would play you in a movie of your own life?
- What’s your own idea of the perfect day?
- Tell me, are you a morning person or a night owl?
- What’s your favorite restaurant?
- What’s your favorite cocktail?
- Would you say you are a romantic person?
- Do you love to dance?
- Where are you from?
- What’s that memory you can’t let go?
- Do you like working out?
- Do you have any plans for a vacation this year?
- What’s the best place you’ve visited?
- Have you seen any movie lately?
- What’s that one thing you’d take to a desert?
- Do you have any pet?
- I’m a music lover, are you?
- How do you love relaxing?
- What sport do you love the most?
- I’m a good cook, what’s your favorite dish? – but be careful with this one, you don’t want to be viewed as an arrogant person especially if it’s a guy that says such.
You can always come up with yours, something that will help you break the ice, the last thing you want is an awkward silence. If you can get past this stage, you are good to go, just move on to the next level.